OCTOBER 2, 3, 4, 2019
Eugene, Oregon - 15 CPE included*
The LivePlan Method has transformed the way accountants are thinking about advisory services. It’s a scalable system for delivering client advisory profitably each month.
Join us in Eugene, OR for 3 days of deep learning and hands-on workshops to learn the LivePlan Method for strategic advising, and how to market, sell and deliver this vital client advisory service to your small business clients.
Attendees will leave with a deep understanding of strategic advising, and all the resources they need for their firm to begin offering this valuable service: meeting scripts, marketing collateral, packages and pricing, and most importantly, the soft skills needed for strategic advising, like leadership and engagement.
*CPE issued by CPAacademy.org
LEARN VALUABLE SKILLS
- What is strategic planning and why it makes the ideal client advisory service
- The LivePlan Method for Strategic Advising business process
- How to use LivePlan software as your advisory platform
- How to use components of digital marketing: website design, SEO and email marketing
- How to engage and guide your clients, and run effective meetings
- How to use capacity planning and resource allocation to set up your firm’s advisory business process
- How to develop packages and price
PARTICIPATE IN PROJECTS FOR YOUR PRACTICE
- Learn LivePlan software and develop your own strategic plan
- Workshop your firm’s advisory business process, packages, and pricing
- Review your firm’s website for digital marketing optimization
- Practice effective leadership skills for running meetings and advising
- Hear from C-level executives about the type of financial insights and planning that small businesses need to be successful
- Share best practices and industry knowledge with your peers and learn from them too
- See our headquarters, meet our team, and learn about our product roadmap
TAKE AWAY FINISHED RESOURCES
- LivePlan Method business process for your firm
- Engagement resources to use with clients: emails, meeting agendas, scripting, and more
- Packages and pricing structure for your firm, marketing collateral and review of your homepage
- Leadership skills to run advisory meetings and deliver guidance effectively
- LivePlan Expert Advisor Certification
- 15 CPE credits, sponsored by CPAacademy.org
|DAY 1 - GET STARTED - AT PAS||CPE||Mins|
What is Strategic Planning and why is it ideal for advisory services?
A guided conversation on lean and strategic planning, including what the work involves and how it relates to client advisory services in public accounting. An interactive portion of the session will demonstrate the application of Lean Principles, and showcase how these ideas can build into the financial forecasting conversations with clients.
Instructors: Kathy Gregory, Peter Thorsson, Sabrina Parsons
LivePlan Method for Strategic Advising: process and resource guides
Attendees will learn the LivePlan Method business process for Strategic Advising. We will cover each step, its purpose and how it fits within the overall framework of strategic planning and workflow. Resources include: LP Method business process checklist, 3 meeting agendas and scripting.
Instructor: Kathy Gregory
|Bonus - tour Palo Alto Software|
|DAY 2 - LEARN TO DO THE WORK||CPE||Mins|
LivePlan Software: lean planning, modeling, forecasting, reporting
Attendees will learn to use LivePlan Software in accordance with LivePlan Method for Advisory Services. All modules of LivePlan will be covered.
Instructor: Kathy Gregory
LivePlan Method In Practice
Building on the knowledge in sessions 2 and 3, attendees will complete a plan and financial forecast for their own business - or they can use our sample business and work through the same exercises. This session is focused on learning the skills of business modeling and financial forecasting in a systematic way.
Instructor: Kathy Gregory and Sabrina Parsons
|Bonus - wine tasting|
|DAY 3 - STRUCTURE YOUR PRACTICE TO SUCCEED||CPE||Mins|
Capacity Planning, Resource Allocation, Packaging and Pricing
Attendees will learn the fundamentals of capacity planning and resource allocation and apply this knowledge to establish their own firm’s advisory business process. Attendees will then learn to create advisory packages and pricing for their firm, and will leave with content ready to use.
Instructor: Kathy Gregory and Peter Thorsson
Marketing Workshop: website design, SEO and email marketing
Attendees will learn how to structure their website home page for the customer journey, and how to employ search engine optimization in key areas. In addition attendees will learn how to structure email for marketing and sales. Includes a guided review of your own firm’s homepage, plus take-home marketing resources.
Instructor: John Procopio
Engagement and Leadership: how to guide your clients, not just report
Attendees will learn how to effectively lead financial review meetings and other engagements with clients, including email best practices for nurturing and customer service. Learn to be the type of partner and guide that small business clients are looking for. Includes take home engagement resources to use with clients.
Instructor: Sabrina Parsons and Trevor Betenson
|Bonus - Outpost software demo|
Additional CPE information, for all sessions:
Instructional Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: None
Refund Policy: Refunds will be accepted through 9/9/2019. Email email@example.com for refund assistance, no later than 5pm pacific time on 9/9/2019.
LOCATION AND LOGISTICS
- Primary training at the Hyatt Place, Eugene Oakway Center—details on registration page.
- Everyone will participate in the same training. No “tracks,” or course options. Agenda on registration page.
- Meals will be on your own, to allow for personal time, and eat what you like. Midday snacks during training will be provided.
- A wine tasting event is included in your fee. It will take place near the Hyatt Place hotel. The Oregon Ducks football game on Saturday 10/5 is being arranged as an additional activity. Details to follow in email for those who register.